Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A day in the life...

It's late, I'm used to this but after working out then eating again...(should be the other way around) it's nuts.

Thought I'd share a bit about what happens when you eat and report about it for fun and amusement!

My ears and tastebuds are always on alert. If you eat out as much as I do, the moment I share that I'm a foodie, people become rabid to tell me where to go, what to eat and more. I love this.

Just today, sitting with a couple of co-workers, they gave me their two-cents about fried chicken stating that Strouds wasn't what it used to be...that's still under review on my part since I just ate there and found it as delicious as ever. So I mentioned Jess and Jim's which still has my vote for chicken that's too good to pass up.

Okay, back to basics. When I eat out, I'm always in tune with service, food, surrounds and clientele. That's not in order. What is in order is the food. Service comes a close second. From roadhouse to dive, elegant, swanky digs to non-descript box...there's really nothing that's going to keep me away unless the food isn't up to par. Happily, there are so many places from which to choose that do wonders with food in KC, I think we're very lucky.

Here's my comments on my latest outings: Ingredient in Park Place - sit outside if the weather is nice...breathe in and inhale their yummy salads, pizza and soups. It's an easy fix when you want to grab something quick...everything's fresh. California Pizza Kitchen, right next to Ingredient. It's a bit too loud for my taste but I still like the salads...lots of crunch...really big portions and a flurry of servers always buzzing about to refil, smile and serve.

Trezo Vino also at Park Place in Leawood is beginning to look like a little slice of Tuscany. Small tables situated outside in front of their building make dining al fresco delightful. Go on a dreamy summer evening before it gets too hot.

Tomorrow I'm going a bit farther down the lane...135th where there's so many eateries, it makes me dizzy. I'll head to Pizza Fusion (how's that for a trendy sounding name?!) and see what makes this place a hit....or not....

Stay Tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment