Monday, June 15, 2009

Screamin' Green

Okay, I took the chance to be eco and headed for Pizza Fusion (135th and Nall).

This dandy little place is a delight considering that the whole place is very environmentally conscious. This is a good thing.

You can't help but notice it's commitment to the planet. From the counter tops made from recycled glass bottles to servers wearing 100% organic cotton tees, the place breathes green.

The pizza? Great. I had the Founder's pie on whole wheat...it's organic everything - right down to the pesticide-free tomatoes.

I felt good and proud - - that was until I fell off the turnip truck the next night and went straight to hell. Well, kinda.

Had a hankering for bbq and desperately sought Oklahoma Joe's in Mission but the line (apparently Anthony Bourdain's rants and raves) have elevated it to a must-do-before-you-die status circumvented that excursion landing Tastebud and I at Rosedale. Slipping mightly from good and green to greasy but delish burnt ends was a travesty (but a tasty one, I have to admit).
Ah well, the sun will come up.....you know the rest.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment