Monday, July 13, 2009

Hands Across the Water

It started with pangs on July 4th.

My very international friend decided since he was Canadian he wanted to try the All-American hot dog. This being a traditional hot-dog-day...we popped over to the Pizza Man (supposedly the place for true dogs in this town). Since they were closed it was a perfect opportunity to try Cafe Augusta....in the scheme of things, a fairly new opening.

It was almost 2 p.m. and we were both starved (although, I have to say I could last 6 months in the Artic on little more that what I have packed on in the few years)...Nevertheless, the place was comfortably busy (always a good sign) and the service more than congenial.

We ordered, met the chef and I have to say, found this place wonderfully different. I don't know if it was the food (hearty) or the non-intrusive mellow french music.

The Canadian had a hero. Stacks of fresh meat and cheese coupled with homemade chips. My dish of tomato Provencal was oozy and so delish.

This place owned by a mother and daughter have brought a new twist to the suburban scene with their reach toward good food from everywhere but fast.

I'll pick up the hot dog on the next try but until then, I'm betting on Cafe Augusta.

Later................

No comments:

Post a Comment